Features of MacHylafax include:
- Seamless integration with the Address Book
- Send a fax to multiple recipients simultaneously
- Ability to setup your own custom cover sheets
- Fax directly from any application that can print
- Define multiple HylaFAX server profiles
- Configure page size, resolution, priority, notifications
- Option to manually specify recipient name and fax
- Compatible with Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) to OS X Yosemite (10.10)
Version 1.43 - Released 1st February 2016
- Fixed a bug which would sometimes prevent activation of the product.
Version 1.42 - Released 29th April 2013
- Fixed a bug which would cause a crash if user had declined permission for MacHylafax to access Contacts.
Version 1.41 - Released 19th March 2013
- Fixed a bug which could cause sometimes cause a file conversion error when filename contained accent characters.
Version 1.40 - Released 10th September 2012
- Added tooltips to server profile editing pane within preferences.
- New feature for automatically reformatting fax numbers according to number and server location.
- Improved address book search facility to match text within words.
Version 1.39 - Released 31st July 2012
- Fixed an issue relating to automatic document format conversion on OS X Mountain Lion.
- Fixed a possible bug relating to formatting of fax numbers on some systems.
Version 1.38 - Released 23rd July 2012
- Compatible with OS X Mountain Lion.
- Digitally signed for Gatekeeper compliance.
Version 1.37 - Released 6th December 2011
- Added support for specifying a dial prefix.
- Fixed an issue relating to cover page previews.
- Various minor bug fixes.
Version 1.36 - Released 5th October 2011
- Fixed an issue relating to '503 Already logged in as USER' server messages.
Version 1.35 - Released 20th September 2011
- Added further diagnostics to the 'send fax' window.
- Fixed bug which could cause the edges of some documents to be lost.
- Added support for displaying fax numbers from address book entries with custom labels.
Version 1.34 - Released 9th September 2011
- Fixed a postscript conversion issue relating to some filename formats.
Version 1.33 - Released 30th August 2011
- Added support for selecting notification mode when sending a fax.
- Rounded brackets are now automatically filtered out of fax numbers.
- Fixed a bug relating to server profile parameter persistence.
- Added some additional information labels to the server profile window.
Version 1.32 - Released 17th August 2011
- Added further diagnostics to the 'send fax' window
Version 1.31 - Released 3rd August 2011
- Fixed a bug whereby the paper size option did not persist.
Version 1.30 - Released 2nd August 2011
- No longer requires Rosetta (now compatible with Mac OS X Lion).
- Internal library upgrade to improve server compatibility.
- More responsive when displaying entries from large address books.
- Fixed a bug relating to the 'Send to MacHylafax' print option.
- Fixed a bug relating to previewing the standard cover page.
- Added more diagnostics information to the 'send fax' window.
- Added support for specifying the server timeout in server preferences.
- This can be increased when sending large documents over slow links.
- The sending fax window now scrolls automatically as the log appears.
- Fixed a rare bug that caused login issues with some servers.
- Fixed a bug whereby maximum number of tries did not persist correctly.
- Added support for specifying whether to convert PDFs to PS.
Version 1.12 - Released 10th March 2006
- Added Passive FTP support for connecting to servers.
- Fixed a bug which displayed the incorrect date on cover sheets.
Version 1.11 - Released 17th October 2005
- Recipient name now appears on fax preview when manually entering recipient name and number.
Version 1.10 - Released 16th October 2005
- Added a feature to allow a user to optionally type in a fax number and recipient name rather than use the address book.
- Increased the height of the address book recipient list box.
- Added the ability to search the address book by company, first name, last name.
- Changed the address book font to match the rest of the elements of the main window.
- Changed the comments box font to match the rest of the elements of the main window.
- Adjusted the comments box so that words are never split across multiple lines.
- The Address book headers now highlight depending upon which has been selected for sorting.
- Fixed a bug which caused mixed-case address book entries to appear in the incorrect order.
- Fixed a bug in fax sending code - occasionally only the first selected fax number was used.
Version 1.00 - Released 30th August 2005